Drop-ins are welcome at the Workshop, but to ensure that a consultant is available, you are encouraged to reserve an appointment. Consultants are trained to work with all writers on any project, but you may want to select a specific consultant based on that person's background. Additional information about our appointment system and policies:
How do I make an appointment?
- Clink on the link for WCOnline.
- If you have visited the Workshop before, log in. If you have not visited before, you must register before you are able to make an appointment. Click on "Register for an account" above the log-in box and fill out the form. A video tutorial on how to register is here. Your answers are confidential, and you only need to register once to log in on your own to make and cancel appointments.
- Once you are logged in, you will see the available schedule.
- Consultants’ names appear on the left.
- Click on an open (white) appointment time to open an Appointment form. For online appointments, you will see a bolded link to join the session in this window. In-person sessions do not include a link. If you choose an in-person appointment, it will be held in the Writers’ Workshop on the 2nd floor of the Martin Library.
- When the Appointment window opens, choose the duration of your appointment. Using the drop-down menu at the top, select a 30-minute or 60-minute appointment. You must complete the other required information on the form in order to continue. We ask this information to ensure you receive the best possible consultation. This information is considered private and is accessible only to relevant Writers' Workshop staff.
- After completing the form, click "Save Appointment" to finish. Your appointment will now appear on the schedule in gold, and you will receive a reminder email with the date and time.
- Get ready for your appointment! Check our page on preparing for a writing session for more information.
You will receive a reminder email the day before the appointment.
How do I cancel an appointment?
If for any reason you must cancel your appointment, it is always best to do so as far in advance as possible so others know the time slot is available. You may call the Workshop at 218-726-8500 to cancel; however, if there is not a staff member available, your cancellation may be missed and you could be marked as a no-show. If your account is marked with three no-show appointments, you will have to make future appointments in person because the online system will not allow you to reserve appointment times for the remainder of the semester. The most effective cancellation method is through the scheduling software:
- Log into WCOnline
- Locate your appointment on the schedule.
- Select your appointment to open the reservation window.
- In the reservation window, scroll to the bottom and locate the red box labeled "Cancel this Appointment"
Your appointment is now canceled.